In order to preserve all the necessary properties of pellets, it is necessary to ensure:
- Dryness and ventilation of the premises where they are located;
- A support (from wooden boards or pallets);
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun;
- Fire safety (do not place near a fire);
- Lack of condensate;
- Uniform distribution of the entire volume of the room (do not stack everything in one place).
It doesn’t matter if there are granules or in plastic bags in the bunker, the main thing is that moisture, dust, debris cannot get in there.
Features and types of storage of pellets
Consider the following types of storage of fuel pellets:
- Silo (capacity). Depending on the volume and size, containers are mounted indoors or outdoors. They are made of metal and are a widely used warehouse for storage. Moreover, if moisture does not get inside, they are quite effective as a means of preserving the properties of pellet granules.
- Underground storage. A less common type of storage of pellets. Reinforced concrete or plastic is used as the walls. Pellets are taken both above and below.
- Automated warehouse with a feed system. Here the capture of pellets takes place from the top and is transported through a corrugated pipe to the boiler. The length of the pipe can be up to 10 meters.
- Frame fabric capacity (rectangular, cone-shaped, lifting or in the form of a trough). This type of pellet storage tank is popular and relatively inexpensive. Standard components are the frame, fire-resistant fabric, mechanisms necessary for loading and feeding granules. The rectangular design is perfect for a small room, such as an attic. It should also be noted that such a storehouse cannot be completely emptied due to its shape, but other variations of fabric containers are possible. Particular attention should be paid to the fabric: strong, but at the same time flexible, it allows air to pass through perfectly, but dust and moisture do not. This design is easy to assemble, disassemble and transport. A great advantage is the ability to choose the right size tank.
- Bags made of polypropylene, Big Bags (1000 kg). Storage in bags weighing more than 500 kg implies use only at production and industrial facilities, since it is inconvenient to use packaging with such weight in private homes and households.
- Bags (25-50 kg). Suitable for ordinary users who do not need a large volume and where it is not possible to move large bags.
The method of storage of pellet granules must be determined based on the needs in volume, location to the boiler and other technical aspects. It is important to follow the rules and prepare the place in advance.